Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, October 24, 2011

Dog is God Spelled Backwards

He has such amazing eyes
this dog
with the anxious soul

brown and deep they look
up
questioning
vulnerable

am I OK?
Do you love me?
Will you treat me kindly?

And what about my treats?

My heart goes out to my
Labrador friend
And I see in his eyes
My own soul

That anxious
Questioning side of me
Looking toward the infinite
The sacred
And wondering

And yet I know
that the hand
that reaches down to me
reaches out in love

its pierced beauty reminds me
that I need never
be afraid

(In honor of Wrigley, who is visiting for a short while :)

No comments:

Post a Comment