Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, November 6, 2011

The yes behind the no

During a walking meditation I penned the following:

Step by step I move
forward?
or do I simply trod the same ground,
over and over
 making the same mistakes
seeking the same solutions 
and joys
step by step
trodding
creating patterns in the soil
ruts of my own thinking
that I must follow
trapped
by what it feels like I must follow
Ah!
to step forth
knowing that my next step
would move me
down a new path
a new way
forward
hopeful
not looking behind, but forward
to the place, 
to the people,
to the purpose
to which the sacred is drawing me
so this homeless
restless
curious soul
can rest

Not looking at what lies behind, I press forward!  Paul, Philippians 3

I am working on it!
Changing patterns
Making the changes we know we need to make
but which are outside our "box" is never easy

but....
here is a phrase I am learning to respect

"What are the "yeses" behind your "no"?
Blessings, Stephen



No comments:

Post a Comment