Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, January 27, 2012

This moment

This moment
Suspended in time
One tiny piece of a whole history
Moment piled on moment

This moment, ready to be grasped
Shaped and formed
Enjoyed, savored

And yet
I reach and cannot find it
I cannot grab hold of this moment
As in my head demons scream
Filling me with regret for the past
And fear for the future

In the tormented swirl of thoughts
This moment is lost
It slips from my grasp

And then there is stillness
And emptiness

I am undone
My eyes look but do not see
I walk through time barely participating
Barely present in my own body
In my own life

I am frozen in time
and from the empty coldness
a lone tear
issues forth
and glistening
slides down my rigid cheeks
etching in my very flesh
all the pain and emptiness
that lies with in

that is going to leave a scar!

_____________________________________________
And Jesus said, "Trust in God, trust also in me"
I am trying God!

No comments:

Post a Comment