Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, March 30, 2012

The prayer of the frustrated Christian

"Alas Lord
I am undone!
I try so hard to do your work

But ears are closed
and eyes are shut
and my pleas go unanswered

Why O Lord?
Why me?

I am miserable!
Aha!  I must be doing your will!
To be so rejected and afflicted
My wounds are a symbol
A sign, that I am walking the path of Calvary!
A true servant"

"My child, my child
I came that you might have joy, and 
that your joy might be complete!

Perhaps your wounds are self inflicted
My Spirit is like a fragrant wind
laden with passion and promise
scented with love

breathe deep

1 comment:

  1. I am a frustrated Christian myself right now. I know I love God and that he loves me... it is just that most things in my life are not going well. At all. Thank you for posting this.

    ReplyDelete