Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The mountain

The mountain shone
Stark white on brilliant blue
Soaring into the sky, a beacon on the horizon
Guiding me ever
Further north

I gazed in wonder
And for a moment
A beautiful moment knew
Where I was headed
And perchance

For a moment
If only for a moment
Felt settled within myself

At peace

And then the clouds came in
Almost without warning
The sky was grey
Violent
And the mountain was gone

And I was left in the encroaching mist
To try to work my way forward again

Sometimes that is how life feels
O God
I think I know where I am going, then my clarity is gone
I think I know who I am, but that slips away
I find myself tangled and confused
Questioning
Doing and being what I don’t want to be
Tangled up

Thank you God for the moments of clarity
When once again I can grab hold of
Your direction
Your vision
For this wayward child

______________________________________________

And I was wondering if you had been to the mountain
To look at the valley below?
Did you see all the roads tangled down in the valley?
Did you know which way to go?
Oh the mountain stream runs pure and clear
And I wish to my soul I could always be here
But there's a reason for living way down in the valley
That only the mountain knows
                                             Noel Paul Stookey

No comments:

Post a Comment