Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, June 28, 2012

Worn by life

Wind swept
And gritty
I sit in the sand

Watching the ocean roll
Relentlessly the waves come

Pushing
Encroaching
Over and over
And over and over again

Wearing down
The sand
The rocks

Never ending

Sometimes
Life seems like the ocean

Wave after wave
Of trouble
Hurt
Need

Never ending
Inevitable

The waves come
An my soul like the beach
Is rubbed raw
Eroded

I cannot hope to survive
I cannot hope

And yet
As the beach
I remain
Changed and sculpted

1 comment:

  1. I've have that same feeling when sitting on the beach (my favorite thing to do). You put it in words so well. Love your words my friend.

    ReplyDelete