Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A question for you! Seriously!

It has been a number of years now since I started this post
from less than a 100 hits per month, to...
well, more

it has grown
evidence that at least a few people
and few computer generated websites have found their way to "Dancing Faith"

But this has been a difficult year
Lots of changes
Lots of challenges.....

And I am contemplating not doing the blog anymore.
So I am asking this question
Does anyone read it... I guess some of you do :)
and is it meaningful, useful.... worth continuing
So i am asking you to answer this question
using the comment option at the bottom of the blog....
Am I looking for affirmation? 
Obviously
But i am also looking for guidance about whether to continue
to "put my stuff out there"
Thanks for listening
I will look forward to your responses!
Stephen
Anonymous is just fine BTW

9 comments:

  1. I read your blog, Stephen. But I think the real question is does it serve YOU? Do you learn things by writing it? Do you WANT to do it? You can do it just because you want to. And you can NOT do it just because you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great questions. I did it for me... but I also hope it helps others. This will not determine my answer, but is part of the equation :) Thanks for the response! This is my deleted comment :) It had an egregious error :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blogs even when Truth hits me in the face. People tend to look at a Pastor as 'perfect'...no real life trials , pain, or failures. You show us with your life's experiences that you are as human as the rest of us and like a shepherd lead us to the One who is the answer to our situations. You do not pretend to know the answers and give platitudes to make us feel okay. Your blogs salve the the hurts and point out the errors of our way and again, always point us to the Rock that is higher than I. I appreciate them but you must decide and determine in your spirit if God wishes you to continue and minister in this way, if He does, He will give u what is needed to do so, if not - then He will make that clear as well. You are a giving and compassionate person and available to those who need you whether that includes a blog or not. I hope it is settled in your mind soon as to what you should do !! Thank you for all the help you have been in my life:) KMND

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you continue to write. You express your views honestly and sincerely and cause readers to think about the "right stuff", what is the right attitude toward life, and our relationship to the rest of humanity. Nowadays it isn't popular to believe in the Golden Rule, serving others, being one's brother's keeper. Your voice is needed to bring people back to living in harmony. I hope you keep on stating your views clearly with impact and cause us to think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephen, your blog, and posts have given me an insight to your life that I very much appreciate having. I enjoy your humour, and perspective. That said, if it does not give you joy, or satisfaction, then do something else! Don't be afraid to change the way that you "dance your faith".
    Love you brother!
    Tick

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steve I love reading your blog. It gives me insight into who you really are and I know sometimes that is hard for you to express verbally. A lot of times your blogs are also an expression of my soul and I am sure others. There is comfort reading how you feel when someone else has written it!!! Love ya kid

    ReplyDelete
  8. I may not read all your posts, but I enjoy the ones I do. I would agree with other comments that you should consider and weigh its value to you, not others.

    If it doesn't serve the purpose it did before, and consumes an inordinate amount of your time, feel free to give up the burden. Otherwise, I'll look forward to another post ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I look at this often. Sometimes its not my cup of tea -- other times its what I need!

    Scott Colony

    ReplyDelete