Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, July 19, 2012

To my girls

I was wandering through my head the other day
It is a specialty of mine
These treks through the tangled jungle of my mind

It is easy to get lost in there
and to lose
what is out there
right in front of me

They say that life can be lost in the living
It is certainly true
That one can wander through the day
and never once make contact

Never engage
with the moment
with the task
with the person

never "be"

Thank God for little girls
who pull you out of yourself
and make you smile
and bring you back to the world
and to yourself

_______________________________________________
to my laughing little granddaughter
Mara
and my wonderful daughter 
Erin

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, dad! It was great having you here...looking forward to September!

    ReplyDelete