Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, August 31, 2012

Circle of Compassion

We are called to be strong companions and clear mirrors to one another, to seek those who reflect with compassion and a keen eye how we are doing, whether we seem centered or off course ... we need the nourishing company of others to create the circle needed for growth, freedom and healing. - Wayne Muller
 
______________________________________________________________ 

There he is
and there she is
that person who just makes me want to scream
that walking endorsement for birth control

that 
that

sigh
that person, loved by God
that child of the the Most High

Why is it Lord that sometimes it is so hard to have compassion
There are days when I must deal with people
I just don't like
Or who make life difficult for me

Those people who create problems
Who act hateful
Who are (in my humble opinion) 
off course
wrong
decietful

Jesus met many people like that
and it seems to me that first he listened
and then he sought to understand
and only then did he respond

Lord I so want to jump right in
to chastise, or challenge
but above all to fix
I want to fix it Lord
 
The situation
The person
And what you ask me to do
is listen, deeply
understand, and have compassion
 
 and in the circle of compasssion
create the space for needed for growth, freedom and healing
 
Help me God, to have compassion on this day
even for the person I see
in the mirror

No comments:

Post a Comment