Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, August 18, 2012

The feeling under the feeling under the feeling

How do you really feel?

I don't always like that question
Because sometimes I don't like how I feel

Sometimes that core feeling
that feeling that pulses
under my visible self

is dark
and painful
and powerful

In the woods I came upon
a lonely cabin
no longer solid
it slumped
logs askew
scattered

leaning 
sliding into the earth
widows 
eyes into a dank darkness
cumbling roof
more moss than shingles

it looked as if one more good snow
would drive it into the earth
and finish its destruction

and in that moment
that feeling under the feeling under the feeling
came to life
and said "me too"

Oh scattered
crumbling
listing jumble
so fragile

Oh abandoned 
lonely shell
ah

I know how you feel

__________________________________________________

Thank you God
For friends
For beautiful sunrises
And for people who like to hug!

Thank you for those
Who know one's story
All of it, and still say
I love you


No comments:

Post a Comment