Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, September 10, 2012

Mara World

I am taking a day off!
Yes, really
Not going into the office
Not answering phone calls (OK, I probably will)
Not checking email (everyone knows that is a laugh)

But I am taking the day off
Time to be with Mara
and of course Mara's mom
my amazing daughter Erin!

And it is terrifying
I means what does one do with a 3 month old child?
Sure she is cute
and her mom insists that those noises she makes 
are really her "talking"

Some things get lost in the translation

But it is terrifying because I have built
my whole life around doing
accomplishing
 
and now
for this day
I simply need to be
 
To rejoice in the grunts (and what that means - good thing her mom is here for diaper duty)
To "hear" the words in those amazing noises
 
To rejoice when those eyes meet mine
and that smile emerges...
 to feel God in that tiny body
that trustingly lies in my hands
 
To know that in this moment
I am closer to God than I ever get
 
 
 
When I am with Mara
I am a fool
but I am God's fool
 

No comments:

Post a Comment