Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, November 10, 2012

Divine Unmerited Generosity

I am sitting in my room in Louisville Kentucky
wondering

Why me?

Why am I having to sit through long days learning about Presbyterian polity!?
Why do i have a cold?
Why am I missing the wonderful snow for this bland sunshine and warmth?
 
But seriously
What is more concerning is what I am reading
Texas politicians who want to leave the Union because he feels the President
is going to cater to "those maggots" who get social security and welfare.
 
which brings me to generosity
have you ever notice how gracious God is?
 
all through the Bible
God is giving, giving, giving
 
Silly God
Giving the people bread
Giving them water
Giving them freedom
Giving them a land
 
Giving them himself (someone called Jesus)
Giving forgiveness
and hope
and love
and grace
 
God is really a bad example!
Seriously!
What ever happened to 
'I built this?"
 
People I have bad news
God is in to helping the people of this world who need help!
 
People I have good news
God is in to forgiving us when we forget that 
and think it is all about us
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment