Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, November 26, 2012

Go far a walk

Sometimes I make life way too difficult
I think
and ponder
and read
I plot and plan and seek to chart my journey to....

well, I am not sure where
I certainly don't get there

Perhaps what I really need to do is go for a walk
get some fresh air
try to smile

perhaps what I really need to do is just
step
right foot
left foot
right foot
breath

just walk through the day
as if I am walking joyfully through the woods
seeing what there is to be seen 
who there is to be seen

Perhaps it is time to just 
look
and listen
and smile
perhaps it is time to play a game with children
and have a cup of coffee with a friend

Perhaps it is time to pet the cat
"and whisper "I love you! I love you! to the whole made world" (Hafiz)
 
perhaps it is time to simply take a walk
and let tenderness
and compassion
pour from my heart
 
perhaps it is time to take a walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment