Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I am thankful for

Long days
Longer nights

Winds blow
snow falls

It would be easy to
think only of the dark
and cold

and yet
the fire dances
triplet nephews watch TV
cards are played
and pistachios devoured


and yet 
my son's laugh echo's through the house
as his wife rolls her eyes
and sisters share war stories


and yet
the snow blankets the ground 
a carpet of white
cats doze
horses graze


and yet
an email from a friend brings a smile
and a picture of my granddaughter tugs at my heart


life is not always easy
or fun


and yet
love lives
and I am thankful

No comments:

Post a Comment