Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, December 14, 2012

Fast time, slow time

.... here's the truth of it: Everything precious, beautiful, or sacred needs time. Love needs time; friendship needs time; children need time; honesty, contentment, peace, authentic relationships, honest attention, curiosity, our best work, all these live and flourish only in the sweet soil of unhurried time.  Now, today, we are called inward, to tend to the timing of our hearts. Because enough — enough to satisfy our aching need for relief, spaciousness, and ease within whatever we have this day — needs time.
                                                                                                 Wayne Muller



Time flies
Time stood still

We know about time
Mostly we know that we feel like we don't have enough
We speed through our days
our hours
our minutes

We speed through life
Our minds spin
Almost faster than we can comprehend....
almost?

We have gadgets
 ipad
computers
cars
smart phones
all designed to help us make the most of our time

and yet
at moments the world stands still
when our child is born
when someone we love dies
when a sunset cannot be ignored

when we play with a grandchild
are with one we love

I seems to me that the deepest moments,
the moments when I am most fully myself
come not when I am racing through my day
but come when I have time
take time
"make" time

When the cell phone stays in the car
and I listen to a person share their hurt
or perhaps their hope

when I walk through the woods and gaze
at the mountains

when I slow down

the deepest moments come
when time stands still
in the face of death and birth
extreme pain and extreme joy

Perhaps
I need to slow down
even stop
a lot more......

_________________________________

"Those that wait upon the Lord will renew their strength....."                   

No comments:

Post a Comment