Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, December 14, 2012

God weeps

I read the news
I think of my children
I think of my granddaughter

and my heart weeps
for children
killed

brutalized by what?
hate
fear?

children killed
by ideologies
that don't work
and foster
a culture of violence

I have read
and re-read the blogs
I have made my comments
and yet
I see 

a culture of violence

I see
hatred and bigotry

I see fear

I see violence proposed as a cure for violence

God
we are so deluded
can we not understand
that the cross is our model

did Jesus have a sword so
that not only Romans would have swords?
Did he react to violence and hatred with 
violence and hatred?
no... the cross says
it all ends here

it all
ends here
the hate

the violence 
the death
it ends because
God 
refuse to continue the pattern
refuse to keep the loop of violence and death intact

but we do not see
we do not understand
we pick up the sword
the gun


and children die
and God weeps

No comments:

Post a Comment