Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Running on - running on empty

Running on-running on empty
Running on-running blind
Running on-running into the sun
But I'm running behind
Gotta do what you can just to keep your love alive
Trying not to confuse it with what you do to survive 
                                                     From a song by Jackson Browne

__________________________

early morning angst 
pulls me awake
what did I forget to do
what must I do
this day

numbly I crunch through
frigid snow
stepping on glass
going through motions
now familiar
barely noticing the 
beautiful animals who gather
round me
icicle whiskers glistening in the early morning light
 
looking in the mirror
tosseled and worn
bent around the edges
blurred by fatigue

another morning
another day
running

running on empty
running blind
 
what am I missing
what am i leaving behind?

No comments:

Post a Comment