Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, February 21, 2013

My Inner Coot

some people say
we need to find our inner child

I don't disagree
I need that inner child
that part of me
that can dance in the snow
sing in the rain
splash in the mud puddle


but who i am
is made up of all the persons I have
been 
throughout the years

the geeky grade school boy
with knobby knees
and a crew cut
ears peeking out 
grandly from behind dark rimmed glasses


the shy high school boy
who often in pictures
is never really looking up
and whose
body is framed by a brace


the college kid
trying to figure out 
who he is
and what he wants to become


eager intense young minister
battered young minister
seeking his way
 tired administrator
trying to figure out "what next"


and on it goes
I am the totality of my parts
none can be denied
and all must be appreciated and nurtured
for all of these
are me


what I was
what I am
what I am becoming


I am now trying to nurture
my inner coot

No comments:

Post a Comment