Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My space is empty

my space is empty
the pillows smashed and tossed
by my restless head that never quite
not quite 
found a  place to rest

the sheets are tossed
and yes turned
as if twisted and roiled
by the force of my thoughts

I sit under the light of a solitary lamp
which dances across me
leaving shadowy figures on
the table which only dimly reflect
the dancing demons in my mind

and then I get it!
then the wild disorder begins to
find a shape
and settle
and I realize that life
makes sense

that the hurts can subside
the fear swirl away
like the morning mist

peace can come

when I realize that it is not
all about me!

No comments:

Post a Comment