Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, February 4, 2013

That very inner space

There is an old saying
Wherever you go
There you are....
Wherever I go
Whatever I experience
Whomever  I meet

the one constant 
is me...

that deep
that very inner space
where my core thoughts
core issues
core perceptions live

I can avoid this place
this very inner space
glancing in the door
when curious
or perhaps
when desperate

but often I dare not enter in
and it sits there
this place
waiting
waiting


and so it is
no matter what I do
what I accomplish
the relationships I develop
the love I find and lose

those things I want to avoid
return


sometimes with different faces
but still
I am brought full circle to them
again and again


I find myself standing
anxious 
at that door....

the stuff of my life
won't change
it is I who must change
in relationship to it

some times one just has to take a deep breath
and walk though the door


not alone
for the sacred goes with me
not alone
on the threshold
as I face the scary chaos
in that very inner space

__________________________________________

Behold!  You are a  New Creation (I Corinthians 5:17)

No comments:

Post a Comment