Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, April 3, 2013

No need to speak

Live loud enough in your heart
and there is no need to speak
                 Mark Nepo


____________________________________________________

I like to read
I like to learn
I like to share what I have learned

why?

ideally it is because I think what I have to say
will help the other
this person in front of me
who has come
hurting
in some way deep 
and perhaps unfathomable
even to them

they often know as little about
their inner hurt as I do

but there they are

and too often
I talk
words flowing out of me

why?

who am I talking to really?
why am I talking?
to teach?
to impress?
do i believe that if I do not 
keep putting myself out there
i will be irrelevant?
ignored?
alone?
 
but of course I have i backwards
I need to be porous
and let others pour in
more than I need to pour out
 
I am a healer
as 
I listen
 
as I let others discover themselves
and their hearts
as I let others find their voice
and pour the gifts of their 
journey
their hurt
their discoveries
into my open and soft heart
 
where they may rest
safely

No comments:

Post a Comment