Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, May 3, 2013

Contagious Joy, Catch it!

"Oh Crap!"
so the day begins
that first thought
intruding on my mind 
unwanted
unbidden
irritating
 
it would be easy
to let the dark and troublesome
define my day
 
ah, so easy
to go to events past and present
to wallow in worries
and perceived slights
to believe that one has eroded 
all grace
from both people and God
and believe that one is utterly alone
 
or
I can look out the window
at horses grazing
deer tiptoeing through the firs 
at crossbeaks pillaging at the bird feeder
and fat quail cleaning up
the leftovers
 
I can look
at the pink and blue of the sunrise
a the soaring whiteness of the mountain
I can think of my son, and daughter
and granddaughter

and smile

God's grandeur
God's exuberant joy
is contagious

No comments:

Post a Comment