Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Deliver me



When was
The last time I smiled and meant it?
The last time I looked in the mirror and like what I saw
The last time I wasn’t dominated by anxiety
The last time I felt effective, as if I had value
The last time I felt peace
The last time I felt someone (other than Midge, who is awesome), genuinely liked me
The last time I knew that what I said from the pulpit applied to me
the last time I thought people weren't looking at me with disgust
The last time my mind was clear and I could just be
Joyfully

In the moment
From my own fears
And struggles
From my failure to grasp that I am your child O God
Deliver me.

No comments:

Post a Comment