Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Metanoia!

Those who think the world can only be structured as they have know it are the slow learners of history.  They fail to realize that their slow learning curve is actually a form of narcissism and also a lack of knowledge.  Thus changes comes with great difficulty in human history.....
Metanoia, an utter turnaround and seeing with a new mind.
Richard Rohr,  "Hope against Darkness"

_____________________________________________________

Metanoia
change
a new mind
a new heart

Lord
I pray this day
and every day
for metanoia

I pray that you will take this heart
that is often 
frozen
rigid
cold 
unmoving
as if stone

and shatter it
and replace it 
with a heart of flesh
a heart that beats
and hurts
 
and heart that is warm
and open
and pliable 

Help me Lord
to know 
that you are a God of new things
a God 
who takes me into new places
down new paths
 
you challenge me with such amazing things
you say poverty is richness
and weakness is strength
 
You suggest that I gain by giving
and find life
through death
 
Lord
I do not understand
I do not want to let go
my cherished beliefs
 
and yet you call me 
to newness
 
metanoia
 
AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment