Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, June 20, 2013

Remember and Give Thanks

"Strangely enough, it seems so much easier to remember the hurts, the failures, and the rejections. It is much more common to gather our life energy around a hurt than a joy, for some sad reason. Try to remember and give thanks for the good things even more than the bad, but learn from both of them." Richard Rohr

________________________________

I have a good memory
damn it!
But it seems at times
to be sadly selective

I fill my mind
with memories of failure
I think of times
when I did not do what I wanted
but did the very things I hate (like Paul)

Some days it feels easy to succumb
some days
it feels easier to stay in bed

But there is good mixed in with the bad
there are moments of joy
and things accomplished
and love given
friends helped
people healed

on mornings like this
as the sun breaks through the clouds
and kisses what
was once merely gloomy

as the freshly watered earth
glows

it is good to remember
the good
grace
hope
love

it is possible to smile

No comments:

Post a Comment