Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The importance of being rooted in the sacred

The rains come and go
the sun
makes brief visits
a welcome guest amidst
the showers of June
 
my reluctant flowers
lazily decide to emerge from
their long sleep
and reach toward 
the gray skies
 
green
showing and the
like a miraculous gift
flowers 
bud and bloom
 
iris and lilacs
bottle flowers and daisies
monk's hoods and columbine
 
each take
their turn
delighting
 
some flourish
some weakly emerge
never to fully bloom

its all in the roots
and in the rain

they must be rooted
connected with the life giving soil
about to cling to and 
reach deeply into the source
of all
the sacred earth

and they must be watered
by the gift of heaven
to
flourish

so too
you
and
I

this day O Lord
may I sink deeply in the ground of my being
into the richness of Your sacred presence
and may I be nourished
by your
Spirit
which waters my soul
like a spring of living water
welling up
to 
eternity

this day O Lord
may be I be sufficed 
with the 
divine presence

No comments:

Post a Comment