Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, July 28, 2013

All of Me

What you don't transform
you transmit.   
Richard Rohr
 
___________________________________
 
Lord
some days it comes to me
the shocking news
that my faith is far more about 
me
than about You
 
It is all too often a search
for myself
rather than a search for You 
(an insight from Rohr)
 
and yet
and yet
while I am search for my self
I am also running from my self
afraid of 
the dark side of my soul
that part I want no one
especially not You, to see
 
as if
 
but God
your are amazingly unimpressed with 
with my dark side
 
and You know
O God
that those hidden parts
are really the
parts
I transmitt
through my words and my actions
 
Lord
shine Your light in the dark places
help me
to accept your acceptance
help me to accept my self
my whole self
 
that I might be comfortable in my own skin
that I might be transformed
that I might
transmit
 
love

_________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment