Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, July 21, 2013

Humanity, Shared - God Experienced

“Compassion is not a relationship between the healer and the wounded. It's a relationship between equals. Only when we know our own darkness well can we be present with the darkness of others. Compassion becomes real when we recognize our shared humanity.”
― Pema Chödrön,
_________________________________________

Good morning God
I thank you for this amazing day
for the mountain soaring in front of me
for the blue of the sky
for the cat chasing butterflies
and the sound of birds
singing

Today O God
people are going to listen to me
as if I have something to say

I will stand in my lovely little
church building
graced for 128 years
by 
amazing saints

people who carved their wisdom
out of the earth
and found their deep places
in the deep woods

today I will stand in front of them
and because they have 
gifted me
with the invitation to be there
I will talk
about God, and life
and death

I will talk about
things 
spiritual

I will talk
and talk
and talk
and (in the eyes of some I am sure)
talk

and sometimes
most times
all time
I wonder why I am there
standing
talking

but Lord, I am just one of the little flock
just one of the sheep
(baaa)
we are all in this together Lord
we are all  in this together

we are all saints
all sinners
we are all wounded
and we are all healers

it is in the gathering God
that the magic happens

_____________________________________

O God, bless our little outpost of the kingdom
as we gather
in Your presence

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment