Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, July 13, 2013

Little Miseries

I did it again Lord!
I woke up
with a mind full of 
little miseries

little  worries

there they were
nibbling 
and gnawing at my mind

and then
ah, then Lord
I started to think of others
of friends with Cancer
of an old friend
recently dead
of parents with dead children
of 
so much pain and misery

and my heart cried
not for my little miseries
but for the deep profound darkness

for the despair created by
a creation we have neglected
 
an anguish
our greed has feed
 
a woundedness
legislated into our world by
"rulers and principalities"
who are drunk on power and ideology
(yes Texas and North Carolina, and Kansas...  this is for you)
 
O Lord
may your love
and grace
and peace
and compassion
and kindness
flow from us, your people
as we move past our little miseries
to embrace
 
the hungry
the poor
the weak
the hurting
the downtrodden
 
 In
Your
name
 
__________________________________________
 
Isaiah 42:5-7
5 This is what God the LORD says-he who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and all that comes out of it, who gives breath to its people, and life to those who walk on it: 6 "I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles, 7 to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment