Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, July 22, 2013

Lord, Help Me to See

 Kramer sits
18 years old
my neurotic cat

this morning as every morning he
sat by the door
waiting to be let in
yowling for his food
demanding his ice water (yes, he likes ice in his water)

he was petted
and fed
his water made fresh

his little sister Tess raced in
gobbled her food
and now is back outside
trying her best to turn my bird feeders
into a cat feeder

but Kramer sits
no longer the young crazy boy
who would crash into a 
room 
Seinfield like

just an old boy
looking up at me with big eyes
he has everything
except
the thing

me

and so I put down my hand
and lazily scratch his head
and give him the one thing
the only thing
that at this moment he needs

attention
love
focus!


how often Lord, do people come into my life
and I am busy doing all sorts of
things for them
when all they want
and need
is for me to be there
totally
with them
for
them


for just a moment of love and grace


Lord this day
help me to truly see the people in front of me
and at least for a moment
just 
stop
and focus
and be
their friend
_____________________________________________
  

Just then a woman who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak.  She said to herself, “If I only touch his cloak, I will be healed.” Jesus turned and saw her. “Take heart, daughter,” he said, “your faith has healed you.” And the woman was healed at that moment.  
Matthew 9 :20-22

No comments:

Post a Comment