Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, July 12, 2013

TGIF

Ah
Friday
and for a brief moment
I ponder the week past

I think O Lord 
of
things accomplished
things not accomplished
people helped
people failed
things that went well
and things

well lets just say
it could have gone better

as I sit here and ruminate
I catch myself saying
"Thank God It's Friday"

and yet, God
I am not very thankful
I am disturbed and unsettled

and then I realize
that once again I have forgetten You

As I sit here
anxious and judging
I have forgotten that You
have forgiven, and are working to heal my past
that you are in my present
and that you are in my future

Thank God Its Friday
But thank God that every day
is really
truly
an ending
and a new beginning

each day
more
each moment
I start over
with You

and so each moment
is a moment 
of
hope

No comments:

Post a Comment