Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, August 26, 2013

A Window on Reality

Dear God
Oh Sacred created
maker of all that is
heart of all that is

today is another day
changes are in the air
fall is coming
the air is crisp
and the sun
wanders over the mountains
later and later each morning

and I am learning
that I am my own 
window the the universe

how I see myself
and how I see the world
and how I see You
shapes how I see reality

I am learning two things
these darkening days

first
that You are not "out there"
I do not have to invite you into my inner space
my heart
 
my life
you are already here
and as I live in this world you move
through me
not to me*
 
second that how I see you
has a lot to do with how I see myself
it shapes my self view
(and yes, my world view too)

it shapes fundamentally
how I am in this world
if You are a judge
then I will be in this world
fearful
and will live in this world as a frightened child
 
if You are love
then I will have to learn how to be love
 and I will live in this world compassionately

Lord
throw back the blinds
open the shutters
You
be my window on reality

No comments:

Post a Comment