Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, August 31, 2013

Angels can fly

Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly; devils fall because of their gravity.
G. K. Chesterton

________________________________

Dear Lord
It is another day
Here I am, in the place that I was born
Meeting people who have known me all of my life
Who have know my family
Who knew my parents

There is an odd weight to being here
Did I live up to community expectations?
Has my life honored my parents
My family
Am I the kind of man people expected me to be?
Am I the kind of man my parents would be proud of?
Am I the kind of man I want to be?
Am I the kind of man God wants me to be

No wonder I sometimes have “feet of clay” (Nebuchadnezzar and I, we are like “this”)
Oh, I have done OK
I am educated
I think I have done some good in this world

But oh those mistakes
Oh those moments of failure
Oh those hidden flaws
That I am all too aware of

But God, I am who I am
And all I can do
Each day
Is abide in you
And just be, in the moment
Be the best person I can be in that moment

I need lord the lightness of the angels
I need to travel light
Realizing that no one, even You
Takes me as seriously
As
I
take
myself

Lord this day, deliver me
From the weight of my own
expectations

No comments:

Post a Comment