Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, September 14, 2013

God and I are "like this"

Forget about enlightenment
Sit down wherever you are
And listen to the wind singing in your veins
                                      John Welwood

___________________________

Oh Lord
So often I try to force feed myself
Enlightenment

I try to read, and study, write
My way to a place of deeper spirituality
Of greater closeness to you

I want to feel the rich presence
Of your Spirit
The secret in me
The mystery

And in that presence find
You
And find myself

Lord, this day
Help me to put down my books
My papers
Slow down my mind

Help me to return
To my breath
My breath
Your breath (the moving Spirit)

And notice the mountain
And the trees
The gentleness of the wind caressing my face
The warmth of the autumn sun
The smell of fall

May I notice my true self
And
You

And know
We are “like this”

1 comment:

  1. This is UNCANNY. But we do think alike. But maybe not so surprising. We are one, too, you know.

    ReplyDelete