Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, September 6, 2013

Holding Hands

A Great Need

Out
Of a great need
We are all holding hands
And climbing.
Not loving is a letting go.

Listen,
The terrain around here
Is
Far too
Dangerous
For
That.
Hafiz

__________________________________

Ah, life
It can be difficult
There are wars and rumors of wars
There is addiction
And illness
Amazing, loving people get cancer
Children die in car wrecks

Lord
I cannot do this life alone!
I cannot
The ground is too rough
The dangers too profound

I need something
Someone
To cling to
I am like a little child
Just learning to walk
Who finds itself on rough ground
And reaches blindly
Frantically for its mother

I need that hand
That reaches down
And holds tight
Keeping me
On my feet

Thank you Lord for the hands
The many hands that grab mine
For family and friends
Thank you for the people who will not let me go
When I stumble
But hang on
Desperately
And keep me going
In spite of life
In spite of myself

And thank you Lord
For that hand that is always there
And will not let me go

Thank you
For your love

No comments:

Post a Comment