Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, September 28, 2013

Reconciliation

It was a dark and stormy night
It is a dark and stormy morning

Been reading a book titled "Reconciliation" by Thich Nhat Hanh
He talks about our need to heal
our need to be reconciled to others
specifically to those closest to us
such as our parents (even those who have already passed on)

and about our need, our great need
to be reconciled to ourselves
and to our past selves
our five year old selves

if we cannot be reconciled with ourselves he asks,
how can we ever be reconciled with others?

I am working now
to reconcile my adult self with
that 5 year old
that 11 year old self

that self that always worried
in the face of high expectations
am I enough
can I please my father
be liked by my classmates

to that end I return again to my metta (lovingkingness) phrases that I created for myself

Again I share them
with all of you

"May I find the sacred within
May I find my true self again
Overwhelmed by Sacred love
may my body be healed
may my mind be healed
may my heart be healed
may my soul be healed
may I be at ease

Blessings on this rainy day

No comments:

Post a Comment