Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, September 19, 2013

The Revolution of Love

“To clasp the hands in prayer is the beginning of an uprising against the disorder of the world.”
― Karl Barth

____________________________________________

She sits in my office
It has been another bad week

A week of panic attacks
radical fear
triggered by memories of abuse
verbal
and physical
and more

for her the world is not safe

I can feel her fear
It is palpable

this world is unruly
disorderly
messy

her hands are busy
busy
twisting
uncomfortable

I know the feeling

I have been there

and I know
I know
I know
that it is when I still my hands
my heart
my mind

that it is when I clasp my hands together
and go deep
inside to that place where the Sacred dwells
inside to that place of breath
my breath (1, 2, 3, 4)
God’s breath (the Spirit)

that I find myself
myself as not alone
the world as not chaos

it is then
that the revolution
the revolution of love
the revolution of Sacred love
the revolution of Sacred healing love

begins

No comments:

Post a Comment