Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, October 25, 2013

By Golly, God Likes Me!

My mom said she learned how to swim.  Someone took her out in the lake and threw her off the boat.  That’s how she learned to swim.  I said, “Mom, they weren’t trying to teach you how to swim.”
Paula Poundstone, quoted by Mark Nepo

“It is not so much what happens to you as how you think about what happens."
Epictetus
____________________________________________________

Lord
as I enter this day
I realize that this day will be what I make it

As I going to a meeting I really don’t want to go to
I realize that the meeting will be, to a great degree
what I make it

it works that way God
how we think
so it is

how we think so we are

we can look in the mirror and see a battered and hopeless failure
or we can see a blossoming child of God

we can see a person people can (and do) love
or we can see a person everyone dislikes

we can see a time an event as tragic
or as an opportunity to touch and be touched with love

I have noticed Lord
that my counseling practice
is not full of people
who think the best of themselves

who see themselves
as lovable and acceptable

in the world of Stuart Smalley (Al Franken, SNL)
‘I’m smart enough, I’m good enough, an by golly people like me!”

One thing I know for sure Lord
This day will go better
If I remember

Always remember
That you like me

No comments:

Post a Comment