Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, October 27, 2013

Everyone is really God speaking

Everyone is God really speaking
Why not be polite and listen
To the Old Guy?

____________________________________

It is Sunday morning O God
Sunday morning 4:30 am

right now the only one speaking
is me
or at least that part of me
that knows how to ruin a good party
that part of me
that would notice
one bad apple
in a barrel of beauties

today Lord is Sunday
on this day I will go to a wonderful little church

it is full of people with deep faith
they have been through a lot
all of them
the young
the old

and still they come
and sit
and listen
to scripture
to music

they listen to their hearts
and they listen to me

and this day
I feel I have too little to give
I feel as if I have given too little

I have allowed myself to be spread too thin
Across too many tasks
And too many people
And too many places

and I am thin

and yet
O God

I pray
that you will be there

and will not only
somehow
miraculously
speak through me

but that you will help me
to listen
as you speak
and minister to me
through others!

AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment