Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, October 4, 2013

God's love is like that

Love asks us to enjoy our life
For nothing good can come of death.
Who is alive? I ask.
Those who are born of love.

Seek us in love itself,
Seek love in us ourselves.
Sometimes I venerate love,
Sometimes it venerates me.”
― Rumi

________________________________________

Sometimes God
I spend a lot of time worrying about
my love for you

Do I love you enough?
does my love show
am I living up to your expectations for me
am I following your will?

Ah but then
I remember being a parent
and how
even when my children drove me crazy
with their behavior
their words

how even when I was at my most frustrated

I loved them
I just did
there was (and is) nothing I can do about that

I am always
Simply
their biggest fan

God, as I look at Jesus
I suspect
your love is something like that….

Thank you
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment