Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, October 11, 2013

I am Yours

“I am yours.
Don't give myself back to me.”
― Rumi

___________________________


Lord
this day is up on me
it has been a week

it
has
been
a
week

I have listened a lot
counseled some
taught a little
I have sat through meets
and been quiet (for me)

I had moments when I felt energy and motivation
but more moments
when that sniffling sneezing, coughing, aching, stuffy-head, fever
thing
has won the day

today I drive a little
teach a little more

in short
excluding the first “bug’ of the season
its been a normal week

and what I know
what I know above all else
is that I have not done things perfectly
and I know that next week I will not do things perfectly

but
I also know there have been moments
when I have connected with people
when I have felt liked
when I have felt like I have done some good
when I have known I was appreciate

there have been moments when my smile was genuine
and moments when the smiles give to me
were genuine

in the midst of all the
rush
and all the busyness

I have known
I have known without a doubt
that is has been when I am most connected
to the Sacred One within
when I have been intimate with that one
close to that one

that life works

I am most me
When I am most your

O Lord
Remind me of that
Each day
This day

No comments:

Post a Comment