Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, November 23, 2013

Breaking the chain of sin

Sin originates in lack of sufficient believable unconditional love.  And this lack form as chain:  People who have not experienced being loved adequately aren’t able to love adequately, and so their children and other companions are impoverished in turn and pass this deficiency on to all whom they touch….

…. the only way out of sin is to see through the falsehood, to be really convinced that someone else is sustaining you, that you don’t have to sustain yourself, that you are already given more affirmation, nurturance, respect love, life, joy than you can even imagine desiring.
                                                                                                                                Beatrice Buteau

For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family[a] in heaven and on earth derives its name.  I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
                                                                                                                                Paul (Ephesians 3)

_______________________________________________________

on this day Lord
this day which you have made
help me remember
that I already have everything I could possibly need

I do not need to go forth
to search and gather
I do not need to seek and grasp
pulling to myself wealth, or possessions,
power or fame
or even love
to find a life that is rich

what I seek is not out there
what I seek and need is inside me
already

it is already present in my life
it is your presence
at the seat of my soul

You are there Oh Holy One
you are there
with more affirmation, nurturance, respect love, life, joy than I can even imagine

and that is all I need
to be at peace
to find joy in the rising of the sun on the mountain
to smile
and
to break the fearful chain of fear
in my own life
and in the lives of those
whom you have gently placed in my way

thank you Lord
for making your home in me

No comments:

Post a Comment