Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, November 15, 2013

Just Love

“Our job is to love others without stopping to inquire whether or not they are worthy. That is not our business and, in fact, it is nobody's business. What we are asked to do is to love, and this love itself will render both ourselves and our neighbors worthy.”
― Thomas Merton

_________________________________

O Lord
could it be
that sometimes I get things a little bit backwards?

Could it be that I do not understand
how it really works?

Could it be that while I live in the world of merit
and sacrifice
you simple want me to live in the world of grace?

remind me Lord
that I am called to love people
simply because those people have
happened to be in my path

remind me
that I am called to see the sacred in that person
as it leaks through the cracks and fissures
of failure and addiction
and yes, sometimes, arrogance and apathy

and lord, remind me that the same
sacred presence is in me
and sometimes
leaks through my own fears and needs
and finds its way
to others
as
love

and remind me Lord
that it is as the Sacred (You) in me
and the Sacred in the other meet
and compassion happens
that we are transformed

into light
and love

and we will both know
we are “enough”
we are
children of God

No comments:

Post a Comment