Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, November 18, 2013

The Trouble with Garbage

“people want you to be happy, don't keep serving them your pain”
― Rumi
__________________________________

Lord it is so easy to get tired
so easy to wear out
as we trudge along
making our way through day after day

every day we must stumble through
piles of pain
and anguish
frustration and despair

the world is full of people
serving each other their pain
treating one another as
emotional garbage dumps

dumping
all that is dark and angry within
on some place
some one

It is not Lord that it is not OK to share
hurt
and pain

but there is sharing
and then there is dumping

sharing we say to one another
“I am in pain”
Sharing we say to one another
“I see your pain, I am here for you”

Dumbing garbage is something else
Something angry
And hurtful
And yes, messy

Lord this day may I share
may I listen with compassion
and may I put my garbage
gently and carefully away

that is what trash cans are for….

No comments:

Post a Comment