Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, November 10, 2013

The word for the day is SANCTIFICATION

The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along.    Rumi
_____________________________________

The word for the day is sanctify

I love the word sanctify Lord
I want to be set apart
I want to be a person with a special purpose

I want to be sacred
holy

But Lord
really?

I mean I was told that when I ‘found’ you
I would become fresh and new
everything would change

but I look in the mirror
I look at my calendar
I look at my life
my relationships
my behavior
and everything is pretty amazingly
the same

old

I don’t feel set apart
I feel very mixed in
to all the ways of the world
to all that is common
and so very ‘not holy’

but Lord
I am holy
and sacred

for I am a container
in which the sacred resides
You are in me Lord
you dwell in my inner most places
you stir in the depths of my being

and I am unmistakably
irrevocably
irresistibly

sacred
special
set aside

thank you Lord
for the moments when I am aware
awake
alive with your presence

for those moments when the wind of the Spirit
moves

for those times of peace
and joy
and those moments when I reach out
and touch someone
with love and compassion

those moments are there Lord
all the time

Saint Stephen
I kind of like the sound of that!
 J
AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment