Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, December 2, 2013

Living the Sacred

Yours is to live it, not reveal it
                                Helen Luke, quoted by Mark Nepo

The life of Christ is his most basic teaching
                                Thich Nhat Hanh

_________________________________________

“Words are cheap,”
or so they say…

O Sacred one,
I am so full of words
full of thoughts
rules
opinions
advice

and I am often quick to speak
and slow to listen

as I move through this day
O one whose message was his life

may I be slow to speak
and quick to listen

may I listen deeply
and offer only loving speech

and thus my I experience
and share
the presence of
the Sacred

No comments:

Post a Comment