Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Faith Spasms

Until we know that God lives in us
And we see God there

A great poverty
we suffer
                                Rabia
______________________________

neck spasms are an agony
literally
I seem to remember
once
being able to turn my head
and move without
pain

now my body throbs
and my head is foggy
my movements are cautious
my world
is
slow

but this is nothing Lord
compared to faith spasms

so many say to me
“I am struggling
I do not know what to believe
I am told I must believe this
I must believe that
I must accept
Things I cannot accept
And so

I want to believe
But
Frankly
I can’t”

what have we done
with our need for rules and dogma
belonging systems?

with our need to hang on to images
and symbols
to define and capture
that which cannot be captured?

we have forgotten to hang on to the Sacred
we have forgotten that all that really matters
ultimately
eternally
is union

is our actual inner experience
of something
mystical, transcendent
big
bigger
biggest

which we can only call
Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment