Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, January 16, 2014

How does God make you feel?

The morality of a mystic is a response to union, not an earning of
union. Once you’ve experienced that you’re one with God and your
neighbor, why would you steal from him and make his life more difficult?
Once you’ve experienced union with your neighbor, why would you lie to
him? Or steal his wife? Of course you wouldn’t.

But most of us think backwards, “If I don’t lie, God will like
me.” No, you’ll like yourself more! God likes you already. That
problem is solved once and for all and forever. That’s what every
mystic enjoys at ever fuller levels—that you know that you’re loved
ahead of time, before death, and unconditionally.
                                                                                Richard Rohr
______________________________________________________________

I’m a little tired Lord, of being dour
I’m a little tired of hanging around the dour

Oh I don’t mind people who are struggling
or hurt
wounded by life
I don’t mind grief
and people struggling with loss

its those people
who flaunt their faith
(my Bible is bigger than your Bible)
and yet go around
looking constipated

with hemorrhoids

seriouisly
who would want a faith like that?
who would want a God who makes you feel like that

small
pinched
fearful
inadequate

God you love me
and the reason I try to live life well
is because I love you
not because I am afraid you don’t love me
and I have to spend my life miserable
by trying to earn your love

I did that with my own earthly father
who also loved me
(I didn’t get that part as well as I should)
but whose love I felt (my problem) I had to earn

Lord
thank you for your love
may I enjoy it
live it
and
smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment