Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, January 17, 2014

Out of the ooze and slime and old decay (Thank you CS Lewis)

I waited and waited and waited for God.
    At last he looked; finally he listened.
He lifted me out of the ditch,
    pulled me from deep mud.
He stood me up on a solid rock
    to make sure I wouldn’t slip.
He taught me how to sing the latest God-song,
    a praise-song to our God.
                                                                From Psalm 40
                                                                The Message
_________________________________________

“One foot is front of the other
left foot
right foot
left foot
slip!

there I am again
damn!

why is the path so muddy?
I spend most of my time up to my knees
in words regretted
things undone
or half done
people disappointed
or worse, hurt

a little help here?”

“my child my child
 take my hand
 I will lift you up
 I will put your feet on the rock

 I know you will not stay
 for you, even the rock is slippery
 but I am always present
 always”

“O Sacred One!
 I was afraid you would get tired
 of pulling me out of the mud…..
 you are must like
 a loving
 parent”

“So they say”

No comments:

Post a Comment