Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Lent 12 - No edges

“There are no edges to my loving now.”
― Rumi
______________________________________________

The cat lays
Curled
Its little paws covering its nose
and eyes

pressed against my like
a tight little ball of wonder

in that moment
gazing
my love is complete

it does not remember the countless times
her wet nose and rasping tongue
awoke me from treasured sleep
the sharp prick of kneading claws  
nor the trail of muddy footprints across the comforter

the edges of expectation
all the parts of what we think of as love
that can tear and hurt
have disappeared
and all that remains is
this soft and wonderful acceptance and affection

Ah
this O sacred one is how you love me
this is how
I am to love all those
whose lives I touch

I am not that good at this Lord!
may your love instruct me
my your love inform
my love
so that it is
love

No comments:

Post a Comment